CaviIf you wish to keep your smile at its peak, you will need to make sure that you are taking the necessary steps to keep your smile safe from risks associated with dental erosion. This includes avoiding known risk factors that can cause cavities. Cavities arise when a hole in your tooth enamel is formed. You will need to keep your mouth clean at all times to ensure cavities remain suppressed. Here are a few tips about cavity prevention:
– To help prevent cavities, make sure that you’re keeping your oral health in check by brushing twice a day and flossing once a day as well. Be sure to use effective products that will not easily wear down or break. Always be sure to replace them as needed.
– Improve your diet and eat nutritious and balanced meals that are not filled with substances that will cause dental erosion. This means avoiding sugars and starchy products.
– Visit your dentist as needed for professional cleanings and oral examinations to make sure that cavities are not present.
– For an additional level of protection for your teeth after eating, avoid brushing. Due to abrasion from brushes after eating, use nonabrasive products such as mouthwash or chewing gum.
– Stay away from sticky or chewy foods that can linger in your mouth and promote tooth decay.
Dr. Prince Arrington III and all of our fantastic team are located in Boca Raton, Florida. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Beach Tree Dental Care for treating bruxism, please call our dentist office at 561-440-4633.